Thursday, September 20, 2012

My first quilted project

Hello!  Welcome to my brand new quilting blog.  I have a stamping blog here, but I wanted a separate blog for my quilting endeavours.  I thought it might be fun to look back on at some time in the future when I have either (a) gotten really good at quilting and want a chuckle about the early days or (b) abandoned the whole thing in frustration and want a reminder about why I quit.

At this point, I am quite smitten with the whole thing.  When I was home this summer for a visit, I went to my mother's quilt guild's quilt show (say that five times fast!) and was so inspired by their work.  I let myself get talked into buying a couple of kits.  Then my mother walked me through the process and the result was my first quilted project, a table runner (see picture below)!  I was hooked.  I came back to Ottawa and have been lurking on quilt blogs, developed a pash for Oh, Fransson! and reserved a ton of quilt books from the library, and have been prowling around on-line and local fabric stores like a woman possessed.  

The downside to all of this is that I have to show some restraint and only have two projects on the go at a time.  (A local quilting store owner boggled at that promise and her tone questioned my sanity at having made it in the first place.)

Here's the table runner I made, using the Divided by 3 pattern by Mountainpeek Creations.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment